Student Checking Account
At Kaiperm, we believe in equipping young people with the necessary tools to build a strong financial foundation. That’s why we’re thrilled to introduce Student Checking, an easy-to-use, free checking account designed specifically for individuals ages 13-17.
Empower Your Teens’ Financial Journey!
- No monthly account fee or minimum balance
- Visa® Debit Card for purchases compatible with Apple PayTM
- Mobile and Online Banking with individual log-in and parental monitoring
- FREE online financial fitness courses
We prioritize our members’ financial well-being. With the Student Account, your teens will experience banking that puts their interests first, without worrying about excessive fees or unnecessary hurdles.
Rate Effective Date: September 1, 2023
Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
|Student Checking Account||$25||0.050%||0.050%|
As parents, we know the importance of guidance. With Student Checking, parents can have oversight and control, allowing them to monitor and support their child’s financial journey.
Setup alerts on your accounts (click to expand)
- Internet Banking eAlerts enables members to manage and receive email notifications via internet banking of specific account activity, such as when a balance falls below a limit, when a check clears, when a deposit is made, when a transaction is posted, etc.
- Through internet banking, the member can manage their email address(es) and choose which items are being sent via email. Clicking Settings and Edit Email will give the member the option to edit any existing emails already setup or create a new email.
- Members can view any existing email addresses setup and what items are being sent to the address. Clicking Edit will allow the member to make any changes or clicking Add allows the member to add a new address.
- Through internet banking, the member can create or edit existing eAlerts. Clicking eAlerts will give the member the option to edit any existing alerts already setup or create a new alert.
- Download Instructions
Financial Fitness Courses
We believe in empowering young individuals with financial knowledge. That’s why we offer free online courses in financial fitness, helping your teens develop the skills they need for a successful financial future.
Reward Your Teen’s Financial Growth
Complete a course at Balance Financial Education for Teens & College Students, and we’ll add a $25 reward to their Student savings account. Fill out the linked form with child’s details, parent/guardian’s name, phone number, and certificate of completion. Encourage their educational journey today.
Pup Savings and Student Savings Accounts must be fully funded with the minimum initial $25 Deposit. $25 to be deposited to Pup Savings or Student Savings account within 30 days of form submission. Limit one $25 per Youth Account.
APY* (Annual Percentage Yield) is subject to change at any time. Dividends are paid monthly based on the average daily balance.
Account will convert to a regular Kaiperm non-youth account on 18th birthday at the end of the month.
Limit 1 per minor social security number.