If you have what it takes to excel at customer service in the financial industry, Kaiperm Credit Union looking for highly motivated, energetic and creative individuals for both full-time and part-time positions in the Walnut Creek Main Office. We offer a competitive compensation package, a great working environment, and room to grow.
Job Type: Full-time
Customer service: 1 year (Required)
Qualifications: High school or equivalent (Required)
The Member Services Representative serves as the liaison between the member and the Credit Union.
He or she provides excellent member service and deepens relationships with every member. The incumbent also provides a variety of transactional and other services over all delivery channels as well as provides information on a full range of credit union products and services, while working to deepen member relationships and increase membership. The incumbent also opens accounts, takes loan applications and processes teller transactions for members, and interviews, identifies and professionally handles the members’ financial needs.
All employees of Kaiperm Credit Union are proactive, results driven and fully committed to the Credit Union’s mission and vision by striving to achieve the highest standards of excellence and consistently exceeding the expectations of member, and community experiences. We are also enthusiastic and willing ambassadors of the Credit Union through participation in Business Development through membership drives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Customer Focus: Experience, Products and Services
- Utilizes professional and friendly communication in written, electronic, as well as verbal formats to consistently provide excellent member service to both external and internal partners
- Consistently greets and welcomes all members to the Credit Union in a courteous professional and timely manner
- Displays high energy and engagement while enhancing member satisfaction; consistently evaluates members’ needs and offers the appropriate products and services to enhance member relationships and foster member loyalty
- Displays results orientation and sense of urgency when exceeding member expectations by actively collaborating in research efforts to identify causes of member issues, over-deliver on commitments for problem resolutions and provide necessary updates and information to members.
- Actively partners and collaborates with teammates and members while encouraging feedback and ideas on process improvements
- Displays personal accountability in consistently and accurately processing all member requests, teller transactions such as deposits, back office transactions, record retention, imaging, as well as Returned Items in a timely manner.
- Consistently cross-sells all other credit union products and services while displaying a comprehensive understanding of all product features/benefits, as well as exercising the ability to neutralize the competition through applying market and industry knowledge.
- Continuously takes initiative in maintaining a high level, up to date knowledge of all products/services as well as benefits and features of said products/services; Consistently provides high level of education of benefits, services and features to all members.
Dependability and Productivity
- Meets all commitments by agreed upon deadlines or renegotiates deadlines in a timely manner.
- Works in an engaged and energetic manner both independently as well as in a team setting while embracing and promoting accountability.
- Displays results orientation and commitment to self-improvement when handling changes, setting high personal standards and mirroring leadership behaviors.
- Consistently utilizes professional and friendly communication to members and staff while remaining focused and calm under pressure.
- Maintains exemplary attendance/punctuality records.
- Identifies root causes of errors and works to eliminate member concerns by listening attentively without interruptions, maintaining an open minded and respectful demeanor when it comes to varying viewpoints, and asking questions for clarification.
- Consistently puts members at ease by establishing rapport and utilizing professional but friendly communication skills.
- Consistently looks for opportunities when closing membership agreements and provides creative solutions and process improvements in efforts to provide alternative options to maintain membership accounts.
- Demonstrates efficient time and workload management to seek out additional responsibilities and opportunities to provide support at branches with limited resources.
- Always asks members for referrals at every opportunity
Branch Member Coordination
- Directs or assists member traffic when at the teller/new account/loan station
- Coordinates check-ins of visitors
- Maintains Credit Union’s professional, courteous reputation with all vendor visitors and members by promptly attending to inquiries and requests.
Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance
- Consistently attends to detail and accuracy, commits to excellence, establishes a culture for continuous improvement, takes ownership of quality assurance opportunities and seeks to enhance experiences.
- Always complies with appropriate legal, regulatory, internal control and quality standard requirements of the Credit Union.
- Always remains up to date on the Credit Union’s Bank Secrecy Act Policy and procedures and prepare Currency Transaction Report as required.
- Maintains accurate transaction records and balances cash drawer daily and takes the initiative of notifying Branch Manager of any discrepancies in a timely manner.
Team Dynamics / Leadership
- Exercises an excellent ability to provide support for all team members and the ability to provide prudent resolutions to internal conflicts
- Continuously exercise the ability to listen intently and without interruption while utilizing friendly and professional communication skills with teammates.
- Builds rapport and strong relationships with coworkers and various shareholders within the organization; instituting flexible/open-minded communication skills.
- When appropriate, negotiates effectively and solicits performance feedback from coach and peers to benefit future performance.
- Demonstrates self-motivation in consistently communicating with Supervisor or Manager on any issues.
- Consistently completes self-assessments for annual review.
- Seeks and follows supervisory direction on unclear items.
- Voices concerns freely and honestly as well as in a professional manner to supervisor and other management staff.
- Actively partners and collaborates with the team.
- Displays eagerness in assisting other team members to resolve member issues.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates commitment to self-improvement by taking the initiative of learning new skills, systems and procedures as well as taking advantage of the continuous education opportunities within and outside of the credit union
- Excellent member service skills.
- Displays professional skill in the processing of sensitive and confidential information.
- Displays proficiency in use of basic business and cash handling.
- IRA experience with Ascensus system.
- ATM balancing, Teller Cash Recycler and Coin Machine balancing experience.
- Displays proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs, Lending 360 platform, Edocs and Opening New Accounts online.
- Proficient in BSA and operations compliance.
- Displays proficiency in reviewing membership applications and loan applications for complete and timely processing, ensuring complete information and all required documents have been submitted.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work Saturdays, holidays and overtime as needed.
Education and Background
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two-year minimum banking and cash handling experience preferred.
Physical Requirements, Reasonable Accommodation and Work Environment
All reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure a safe and functioning working environment for those individuals who will require such accommodations
- Requires standing, bending, stooping, sitting, walking, twisting, turning and driving
- Might require lifting up to 15 pounds
- Requires use of computer keyboard, calculator, and mouse
- Work environment is indoors; majority of the time is spent sitting or standing at a desk
Kaiperm Diablo Federal Credit Union does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, ancestry, medical condition including genetic characteristics, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, any persons holding an undocumented “AB” 60” driver’s license, or any other characteristic protected by law. This provision also includes the perception that anyone has any of the above characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any one of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
DISCLAIMER* This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
This position requires COVID vaccination.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Banking: 1 year (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- One location
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company’s customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location
A Safe Place for Your Money
Kaiperm members can find comfort in knowing that no matter the size of your deposit, every dollar is safe, secure and 100% insured by the NCUA, up to $250,000. We're here to keep your assets safe as they grow.