If you have what it takes to excel at customer service in the financial industry, Kaiperm Credit Union looking for highly motivated, energetic and creative individuals for both full-time and part-time positions in the Walnut Creek Main Office. We offer a competitive compensation package, a great working environment, and room to grow.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Customer service: 1 year (Required)
Qualifications: High school or equivalent (Required)
Pay: $17.00 – $22.00 per hour
Job Description (click to expand)
Are you enthusiastic, positive, and someone who just loves to help people? Wondering what a Member Service Representative does? We’re glad you asked! The Member Services Representative simultaneously works on their professional goals while helping Kaiperm members achieve their financial goals! Our MSRs provide excellent member service and develop the relationship value of the Kaiperm productions and services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Daily Focus: Member Experience, Products and Services
- Friendly and professional MSRs will assist members with their transactions such us deposits, withdrawals, cash balancing, and loan applications and other products/services
- Actively recognize member needs and make referrals that may be of benefit to them
- Give your best every day to provide top-notch service
Dependability and Professionality
- Have the desire to learn new things and be an ambassador for CU products and services
- Consistently utilizes professional and friendly communication to members and staff while remaining focused and calm under pressure.
- Must be dependable in attendance and punctuality
- Follow procedures and compliance regulations
- Proficiency in computer navigation including Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills, verbally and written
- Successful completion of High School curriculum or GED. Some college preferred, not required.
- One year customer service experience in a contact center environment and/or 2+ years financial services experience. Member relationship building experience preferred, not required.
- One to two-year minimum banking and cash handling experience preferred
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional movements throughout the day to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Corrected vision & hearing within the normal range
- May require lifting up to 15 pounds
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment
Company Benefits You Can Enjoy:
- Fully paid health insurance premiums for employees
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with up 5% of salary matching employer contributions
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays
- Rate discounts consumer loans
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
- This position requires COVID vaccination.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at workstations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Kaiperm is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.
Kaiperm Credit Union does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, ancestry, medical condition including genetic characteristics, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, any persons holding an undocumented “AB” 60” driver’s license, or any other characteristic protected by law. This provision also includes the perception that anyone has any of the above characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any one of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
DISCLAIMER* This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
A Safe Place for Your Money
Kaiperm members can find comfort in knowing that no matter the size of your deposit, every dollar is safe, secure and 100% insured by the NCUA, up to $250,000. We're here to keep your assets safe as they grow.